UC Santa Barbara hosts a day of science and technology events for local middle and high school students.
- March 2, 2020
- January 15, 2020UCSB-Smithsonian Scholars undergraduates lead research efforts on Santa Cruz Island.
- November 21, 2019Destination College Advising Corps program puts recent college graduates to work as advisers in underserved high schools.
- June 26, 2019From the ashes of the Thomas, Hill and Woolsey fires comes an award-winning device that can determine the quality of the air we breathe, invented by Oxnard High School students, that is small enough to fit in your pocket.
- October 16, 2017University of California officials have sent an urgent appeal to California’s congressional delegation, pressing them to take the lead in building bipartisan support for legislation to protect the nation’s Dreamers.
- November 28, 2016NSF-funded program gives academically strong, low-income engineering undergraduates get the boost they need to complete their degrees.
- April 25, 2016In a new partnership between UCSB and the Smithsonian Institute, first-generation college students conduct transformative field research.
- February 25, 2016UCSB pilot program sends female engineering students to mentor female middle-schoolers to interest them in STEM fields and grow their sense of possibilities.
- February 11, 2015When the University of California, Santa Barbara, announced last month that it had been named a Hispanic-Serving Institution, it made a small bit of history.
- January 28, 2015UC Santa Barbara has been designated a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI), a recognition given to colleges and universities where Latinos comprise at least a quarter of the student body. The designation symbolizes UC Santa Barbara’s change from its old stereotype of three decades ago as a campus where some Latinos said they did not feel welcome.