UCSB - Smithsonian Scholars Program
Enrollment and Application Process
To participate in the program students must be first generation college-going and/or low-income, be a fulltime student at UCSB, Oxnard College, Santa Barbara City College, Allan Hancock College, Ventura College, or East LA College.
To help our staff assess your eligibility and fit for the program we ask that you complete the items below:
- Please complete an enrollment packet, which includes:
- Email the coordinator an update-to-date unofficial transcript for your current semester.
- Complete the Student Information Form via our Google Form https://goo.gl/forms/xjcat36R2LiWaUHn1
Please note that as part of completing the Student Information Form, you will need to submit a 1‐page essay. We suggest that you prepare your essay in a Word document and then cut and paste it into the Student Information Form in the Google document.
The essay prompt is as follows: "Please share with us your past and present academic history and other experiences which you feel have prepared you for the UCSB‐Smithsonian Scholars program. What do you hope to accomplish through the UCSB‐Smithsonian Scholars Program?"
- Provide 1-letter of recommendation from your academic institution that can highlight your academic achievements and character.
- Please setup an appointment for a professional interview by contacting the program coordinator.
To assist you with your enrollment, please download the Enrollment Checklist form
Contact Info for Program Coordinator:
Please email or call Cristina Soto Balderas